The following Monaco business structures are available:
- Société Anonyme Monégasque (S. A. M.), a limited liability company
- Société à Responsabilité Limitée (S.A.R.L.), a limited liability company
- Société en Nom Collectif (S.N.C.), a general partnership
- Société en Commandite Simple (S.C.S.), a limited partnership
- Société en Commandite par Actions (S.C.A.), a partnership limited by shares
- Activité en Nom Personnel, a sole trader operation
- Branches of foreign entities
The historic business tax rate of 33.33% used since 1993 will progressively decrease to 25% on the following calendar:
- 31% as of 1 January, 2019;
- 28% as of 1 January, 2020;
- 26,5% as of 1 January, 2021;
- 25% as of 1 January, 2022.
The “société civile immobilière” (SCI), also exists in Monaco. It is more commonly known as the Monaco société civile particulière (the Monaco SCP). This is a “civil” company, that is, not a commercial trading company, and as such it benefits from a special legal regime. Amongst other activities an SCI can buy, own and rent out unfurnished real estate.
Please contact us for assistance with the set up of Monaco companies which can be organised by a Rosemont International company licenced to undertake this work.
For more background information on the global move towards requirements for businesses to have Economic Substance where they are based please read our new article here.