- Société Anonyme Monégasque (S. A. M.), a limited liability company
- Société à Responsabilité Limitée (S.A.R.L.), a limited liability company
- Société en Nom Collectif (S.N.C.), a general partnership
- Société en Commandite Simple (S.C.S.), a limited partnership
- Société en Commandite par Actions (S.C.A.), a partnership limited by shares
- Activité en Nom Personnel, a sole trader operation
- Branches of foreign entities
The “société civile immobillière” (SCI), also exists in Monaco. This is a “civil” company, that is, not a commercial trading company, and as such it benefits from a special legal regime. Amongst other activities an SCI can buy, own and rent out unfurnished real estate.
The historic business tax rate of 33.33% used since 1993 will progressively decrease to 25% on the following calendar:
- 31% as of 1 January, 2019;
- 28% as of 1 January, 2020;
- 26,5% as of 1 January, 2021;
- 25% as of 1 January, 2022.
For more background information on the global move towards requirements for businesses to have Economic Substance where they are based please read our new article here.